The Planted Tank Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I tossed one of my males into my shrimp tank since it had copepods. Wow. He's just having a buffet. He even smooshes his face against the glass like he's kissing it, but he's sucking them off the wall. He ate a nematode longer than him.

-Val

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well it turns out I have another dario pair. Where the hell am I supposed to put these? Dangit. We have one empty tank right now and it's a cycling shrimp tank. Bah! I need to figure out some rearranging to do.

-Val

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
That's both 'd'oh' and awesome. I have a spare 10g tank that's a little wobbly but doesn't seem to leak if you don't mind a slightly uneven tank at the end of the day. >_> I was using it to set wet things down in so I don't have to go through towels like crazy.

They look and sound adorable though. :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I just now finished putting my dario in a 6 gallon. There are 10 shrimp in there also. Maybe they'll make some snacks, I mean babies. So tired. There's nothing in it but java moss. Time for sleeeep.

-Val

·
Registered
813 Posts
I knew a person who's breeding attempt was putting them in a tank, the end. I believe they readily breed because they live short lives, it's raising the fry etc that isn't fun

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So far for me it's trying to keep them healthy and fatten them up since they're not fully grown and they're wild caught.

I put that newest pair into another bookshelf aquarium and the female looks like she was already knocked up. She's so big that she looks like a hatchet fish lol. I don't know how long their gestation period lasts.

Tonight I need to scape the tank and put in more flat surface plants. I also got some nano wood from Tom Barr. I will probably go to Petsmart and buy a cheap sword. The ones in my 60 are too large.

-Val

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Would dario be able to eat white worms? They look so big compared to such little fish. I know they have no problem gobbling up a nematode. About the same size and ease for them to eat?

I ordered some golden pearls. We'll see how those go also.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts