The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people! Let me introduce myself. I've been in the "business" for 4 years, and have learned a ton of stuff, from plant care to aquascaping. Along the way, I have made many mistakes and had few break through.

Valley - Reconsidered is a 15 gallon long aquarium that was inspired by a past tank that leaked. I'm using Seachem Flourite Black substrate, filtered by my trusty Eheim 2211. Co2 is not in use. More plants are coming, so don't get worried.

Question me below... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A planting plan I need some thoughts on:

M= Myrio green
H = Hair Grass along back side
C.W = Crypt Wendtii Green
I'm considering a Micro Sword patch on the Front Left corner, and maybe some 4 leaf clover growing through the driftwood branches.
Every else will be dwarf hair grass.
I will be moving/removing the current planted plants.

This is a first draft, and I will change things around before I actually buy plants.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Personally- I'm not a fan of hair grass :) probably due to the fact I've never had good luck with it. I have seen some people have great success with it but definitely not me. On the other hand, I love crypts. My next project will be a 23 gallon with nothing but crypts in it. Either way, I think your layout is awesome and will look great once you put it all together

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I like the hairgrass in the left corner idea. I would put a ground covering with very small leaves in the other front corner, maybe dwarf baby tears.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That could be a problem. I'm not running any CO2, or will be using it. Unless it can survive on decent substrate and medium - high lighting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered Rotala Indica, Hairgrass, and some Staurogyne Repens just now. They should be here in a few days. On the terms of the 4 leaf clover and E. Tennellus, I'll be getting them from a forum user in a month or so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.