The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you may know, and some may not.. anyway, I recently went on vacation, and just got back. While on vacation I went to the Newport aquarium in Kentucky, the Indianapolis Zoo and Botanical Garden, and the Indianapolis Childrens Museum.

Anway, here are some pictures, I'll be updating this as I sort through more pictures.

For now here are some from the Newport Aquarium. Enjoy!

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome!:drool:
Glad you like them, dude.

nice! look at all those rainbows!

i love the puffer, is it a fahaka?

and that yellow tang is so yellow!
It's a Mbu Puffer

I over did the saturation on the yellow tang picture a tad.. I was to lazy to re adjust it. He was pretty yellow though, but probably not quite that yellow.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice. The Newport Aquarium is like 20 minutes from where I live. I haven't been there for a couple years, looks like I need to go back.

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice. The Newport Aquarium is like 20 minutes from where I live. I haven't been there for a couple years, looks like I need to go back.
It was pretty fun, you outta stop by some time!
Awesome stuff, I love picture stories :D
Thanks, Elmo!

Looks like someone's skillz are improving! :)
Thanks, jkan!

Lovely pics Zach. Such vibrant colors. If only you had a faster lense... you wouldn't need to raise your ISO to 6400.
Thanks, Nick. Yeah, the new camera and the trip kinda drained my funds, but as soon as I build them back up I need to get son lenses. I'll definitely get that macro lens sometime, what other lens do you recommend for photography in general?

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here are a few more pictures. These are some of the frogs they had at the Indianapolis Children's Museum. For all you Transformers fans they also had the actual Bumblebee transformer used in the movie! If people are interested I'll post a picture of that as well.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
zach, great pics..... so you went to the indy childrens museum and didnt come and visit? hmmmph...

its awesome there, we go every other weekend and my kid never gets bored. best membership we ever bought.

the frog exhibit was cool, was suprised to see live plants with them.

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man those are some nice photos man. I like the last frogs eyes lol.
Thanks, dude! That last one is one of my favorites.

zach, great pics..... so you went to the indy childrens museum and didnt come and visit? hmmmph...

its awesome there, we go every other weekend and my kid never gets bored. best membership we ever bought.

the frog exhibit was cool, was suprised to see live plants with them.
In my defense I went with a friend from work and his family, so I couldn't really visit. :p

Yeah, it's a neat place. I was definitely impressed with their frog exhibit.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts