The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of the new series "V" on ABC?

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Recently saw it on Hulu.

It's moving a bit fast don't you think? They've been revealed as lizard people and a resistance is starting already.

There's no suspense. It's nice looking but doesn't have a direction. I've heard the show had stopped production to get a new producer and writers. That's not good news.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I agree with Mistergreen. Way too fast to hold my attention.

Also, it seems to directly follow suit with the story line from 20 years ago from waht I have read so far. I don't beleive the original finished the way that was intended.

EDIT:

Did a quick search and found some of what I read on IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086822/trivia

SPOILER: Because the series was canceled, the producers had no way to finish the story because the first season ended with a cliffhanger. Interest in the ongoing comic series had also waned, and it was canceled as well. Thanks to the warning the comic-book writers had received, they were able to write a 2-part story that served as the official ending for both the TV series and the comic-book series: the Leader sends his only child to Earth, who is befriended by the resistance. In spite of the war-minded Visitors plotting an assassination attempt to frame the humans, he was returned safely to the leader, and as a gesture of thanks, he recalled the attacking fleet from Earth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.