The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have never used Jebo products but I use a UV Sterilizer that I purchased from Petsmart and have been really happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I second the Green Killing Machine @ Petsmart. 9W version is $39.99 and advertises "up to 53 gallons."

My only comment is that the little sponge that filters the intake gunks up kinda fast, so it would need a quick rinse about every week or so. 10 seconds of shaking in a water change bucket while siphoning did the trick.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I keep hearing about the G.K.M. Curiously enough I haven't seen any at the actual fish stores but now that I think about it I haven't really looked. I tried Petco b/c its right by my house but they don't carry any.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yep, Petsmart is one of the very, very few places that carries the Green Killing Machine, and I think they're the only major retailer that does.

I personally use a SunSun UV sterilizer and can recommend it, though I can also say the GKM's slower flow rate and spiral design would likely make it more effective than the SunSun.

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
My only comment is that the little sponge that filters the intake gunks up kinda fast,
I've got the GKM 9w in my 46, that i set to run at night. I removed the default sponge filter, and cut a 4x larger filter out of an aquaclear sponge I had laying around. ( By increasing the surface area, the sponge needs to be cleaned less often, and it's a cinch to cut one to size (as well as extremely inexpensive).

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I second the Green Killing Machine @ Petsmart. 9W version is $39.99 and advertises "up to 53 gallons."

My only comment is that the little sponge that filters the intake gunks up kinda fast, so it would need a quick rinse about every week or so. 10 seconds of shaking in a water change bucket while siphoning did the trick.
I have 2 and they work great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts