The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience growing this plant... I'm a little concerned because brief research suggests it's a carnivorous plant and I'm going to have to feed it microfauna.... Any experiences or links or anything will help. Thanks in advance!!

Hmm. So further digging and it would seem that this plant is NOT very shrimp friendly, even though the package says it is... I guess this plant eats shrimplets... What do I do with this plant? Should I try it out in my 40b considering it needs "very stable parameters" and a tank that I'm setting up brand new is definitely not going to be stable? I'm kind of miffed...

·
Registered
16g rimless cherry shrimp, 20g cube dwarf cichlid, 40g breeder nano community.
613 Posts
Interesting plant. I've not tried it. Anything that says carnivorous most likely would never go into one of my tanks anyway. LOL! I'm sure it will be fine though.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting plant. I've not tried it. Anything that says carnivorous most likely would never go into one of my tanks anyway. LOL! I'm sure it will be fine though.
Yea, that's half my problem, I'm starting this tank with the idea being a shrimp tank (I've never kept fw shrimp and I'm interested). I'm not sure if it's a good or bad idea, and I definitely don't want it in there until I can get the shrimp settled, which is still a long time coming as I am setting the tank up today. I don't want a large colony of shrimp, so this might be a good idea, though, as it might give me an out if I don't want to put fish in there to eat shrimplets should I do too good at colonizing. It's all up in the air. I started another thread that's going to be me experimenting with dry starting it in a tupperware. Here's hoping I can figure it out lol

·
Registered
16g rimless cherry shrimp, 20g cube dwarf cichlid, 40g breeder nano community.
613 Posts
...I am setting the tank up today.
Nice! Be sure to show us your progress.

I have plants coming tomorrow and Friday for a 29g rescape. I'll have to clean that tank tonight and get some substrate tomorrow. Yikes, I'm a little behind.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! Be sure to show us your progress.

I have plants coming tomorrow and Friday for a 29g rescape. I'll have to clean that tank tonight and get some substrate tomorrow. Yikes, I'm a little behind.
Lol I'll show you guys mine if you show me yours 😆😁👍 just picked up the peat moss, still have a trillion and one things to do, but you bet I'll be posting all the craziness

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.