The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people have had problems with them lately? I sent 2 packages recently one priority and one express. The priority package took one week from SF to LA. The express has yet to arrive, I mailed it out on tuesday from SF, its going to NY, NY. It should be overnight gaurantee, so far it looks likes it will take 3 days. Anyone experience this recently? It has happened before, but never to 2 packages in one week.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Yes Ian I have bigtime...
caused me to send replacements due to melting.....taking 4 days when I do priority....i end up in the hole having to pay shipping again to make the deal work out...so net net net...costing me money to sell a lot of plants ha

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just sent a package to Pittsburgh PA from Buffalo NY and it took them 7 days for 1st class mail. I'm glad it wasn't going to California, the person might not have received it till Easter.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I think some of the postal workers are still partying from the holidays and not made it back to earth yet, I had to resend 4 packages out of about 20...
But I expect this kind of stuff, so plan for it next time... :)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear about everyones problems. Its not like complaining to them will do anything haha.

I can understand priority mail but you would think express mail would be faster. Man I hope my high grade crystals are still alive. Damm post office has the recieve time at 8am on the 16th it did not leave SF till the 17th at 12am. It took then 16 hours to get an express package out of the city.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yep me too. A normal 2 or 3 day arrival has been taking 4-5 days to deliver. Also the lazy USPS guy here won't even deliver to individual apartments. Twice I've had plants come in on a Friday get dropped off to the complex management office, only to sit there over the weekend because they won't drop it at my doorstep. I plan on going to the post office to voice my complaint about this.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I have had them refund my shipping costs when EXPRESS shipping doesnt get delivered as such. Sometimes they get marked as priority.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I've had some bad experiences with USPS. The one that comes to mind happened just last year, where I mailed some plants to a guy in San Francisco from Sacramento (1 1/2 - 2 hrs away) and it took about 5 days and the plants were mostly melted. I also deal with USPS at work (and DHL - don't even get me started...). I've had many things that I mailed via USPS delivered to the wrong address, sometimes the wrong state. Just a couple weeks ago, something was mailed to Texas and ended up in Atlanta, GA....The address on the package was *correct*.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I had some problems when I sent some moss to MI. But I just got some moss from another member and he sent it out tuesday and got it today. I'm in RI he was in CA so maybe it's luck of the draw?

-Andrew

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ian's priority package was to me. Took EXACTLY a week to get there. From norcal to socal. Amazing. Thank god Ian's stuff is so good, it survived a week no problem. The HC looked like it was shipped that day :)
Its all in the filter floss. haha. I believe I was the first on the forum to try to ship plants in this manner. It works better than any other method hands down.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
". . . I've had many things that I mailed via USPS delivered to the wrong address, sometimes the wrong state. Just a couple weeks ago, something was mailed to Texas and ended up in Atlanta, GA....The address on the package was *correct*.
Hmmmm. I have a suspicion. Was the address handwritten, or printed out? If printed out there's no excuse (isn't anyway, really,) if handwritten I suspect it's their marvelous handy-dandy "Handwritten Address Interpretation System" that's to blame. They've taken actual people out of the routing equation.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I'm hoping it's my moss that you got? ;)
LOL. =)

I hate this 10 character limit thing.

Andrew...hope it got there all right. =)
Yep it's your moss came great! Was going to PM you but forgot... I was in the midst of trying to formulate the next best invert food.... L0L

Will be shipping some stuff out tomorrow so I'll see how long that takes...

-Andrew

·
Registered
974 Posts
It's been worse this past few weeks lately - maybe because it fell over a holiday...? 2 packages got delayed to me last week. This week, it's back on schedule....

on another note, I'm a believer in the filter floss as well. Plants in floss seem to arrive in the best shape hands down.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts