The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello friends,

I am new to this forum and new to aquascaping and planted tank.
This is my first post.. if there are any mistakes please bare with me

I have 25 gallon tank of 2.5feet x 1feet x 1.5 feet
and i want to add some height to the tank for that i came across a video on youtube from Jurijs Jutjajevs on how to achive this with zip bag filter net bags and stones
I want to know can i use white marvel chips stones inside these zip filter bags below aquasoil..
..instead of lava stone or pumice stone
to get some height and slope for my planted scape?
Will it affect Ph balance in tank or its inert?

Font Plant Metal Fashion accessory Circle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for your reply..

oh i was thinking of using that to reduce my aquasoil usage

according to you what are my other options?
only lava stone and pumice stone?

What about Ceramic rings or bio balls ..can work below aquasoil?

Also please have a look at this stones pebbles can i use that

if we look it that way each stone can raise ph apart from few like dragon stone isnt it correct me if wrong..?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Marble can alter your water chemistry slowly dissolving in your water.

Rocks that are inert are better choices. If you want to be sure you can get a bucket of the rock you want to use, fill the bucket with water. Take a ph, gh/kh reading from your water source then let the bucket sit for a week. If at the end of the week the values for the water in the bucket are all the same as the water from your source, then its safe. If the ph/gh/kh are higher then you know its going to do that to your tank water as well.

You can use anything thats inert and won't dissolve in your water. Lava rock is super easy to get in the states at hardware stores (used for grills). If you can't get it locally then look towards other rocks, anything from what you can pickup off the ground outside, to pea gravel, to other landscaping rocks etc, just so long as they don't change parameters in a bucket of water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts