The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone else does this and what they think of the idea. I was looking through my local Bed Bath and Beyond and saw these nifty airtight containers meant for dry foods and misc. stuff but thought that these would be great as a sturdier/more secure transport container for my fish/shrimp than the flimsy bags my LFS put them in (also cuts down on the stress of me having to take them out of the bags into the quarantine container because this thing could double as that as well!).

Property Plant Computer Green Output device

·
Registered
754 Posts
If it's from Bed Bath it's not cheap! That could mean more fish or other fish related things.

It is a good idea, I transport fish from my house to my work tank sometimes. Usually fish I buy over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
*cough* Shrimp Tank *cough*

In all seriousness, if the ride is rough enough to mess up the bag that the shrimp normally come in, by all means use a sturdier container. I've not had problems with bagged shrimp having difficulties, but that's just me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I seem to have the worst luck possible and all my bags inevitably spring a leak :icon_mad:. That and I thought it'd be cool if they just put my shrimp inside the acclimation tank for me without making them go thru the stress of the bag as well :angel:.

·
Registered
880 Posts
For shipping? Nahh, that thing would need air in it to keep an exchange going on and the shrimp would slosh around. That's why we use breather bags, they don't need any air in them and the shrimp, even though they may get tossed and bumped, arent going to be sloshing around so I don't think it's that bad.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For shipping? Nahh, that thing would need air in it to keep an exchange going on and the shrimp would slosh around. That's why we use breather bags, they don't need any air in them and the shrimp, even though they may get tossed and bumped, arent going to be sloshing around so I don't think it's that bad.
Oh no no definitely not shipping...I'm talking about the 10-15 minute drive back home after which I'd pop off the top, put an airstone in and let them acclimate.

·
Registered
952 Posts
That would be a lot better than a bag. Would be even better if you can somehow secure it down so it doesnt fall over in the car. Maybe just sit it in a blanket or a towel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.