The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of an air bubbler/bubble wall, but it seems like very few use them in planted tanks. Is there a particular reason for this or just aesthetics or practicality because the bubbles would get trapped under the leaves?

·
Registered
228 Posts
In the case of high tech setups air stones will gas CO2 out. I’m not really sure what it would do in low tech. I hope somebody chimes in with that

·
snails are your friend
3,010 Posts
There are people running sumps with injected CO2 so I am less inclined to believe that water agitation gasses that much out like I did when I set up my first HT tank. In low tech, if anything adds circulation as well as both CO2 and O2. Also keeps any "oil slicks" from developing on the surface. No reason not to do it other than aesthetics.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Mild little airstone lift is fine, actually provides good low>High circulation and gas exchange, big huge churning wall of bubbles etc will drive of CO2 IMHO.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Planning to go with co2 injection, is it better for co2 to use internal powerheads for circulation as opposed to a bubble wall? e.g. keep water movement from hitting the surface as much. The only circulation I have now is from the canister filter and that's less than stellar now with no plants in the tank. Once I add plants I think it will become stagnant.

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Thanks. Planning to go with co2 injection, is it better for co2 to use internal powerheads for circulation as opposed to a bubble wall? e.g. keep water movement from hitting the surface as much. The only circulation I have now is from the canister filter and that's less than stellar now with no plants in the tank. Once I add plants I think it will become stagnant.
Any fish going in this tank?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts