The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just meet a guy getting out of Fish Breeding. He's selling off 20L & 30B tanks. I bought 4 -20L for $20.....YES $5 a pc. No min. but it's pick-up in Waconda.

He's asking $15 ea for the 30B tanks. That is a nice size for a planted tank!

The tanks are drilled on the bottom and he will include the stand pipe and fitting so it will hold water.

I'm using them as quarantine tanks. I only need one but @ $5 each I bought extra.

I've seen people run the stand pipe into a sump tank, build a sump filter and send the water back up via a small garden pond water pump.

Now they will need a good cleaning.

He has lots of African baby & suv adults, breeders too.

PM me for his info.

I didn't list this on the Swap forum as it has to be pick-up no shipping. So local only.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was there the other day and he still has alot of stuff. Still a bunch of 30 breeders and some 20L ones sounds like some of the other bigger ones need to be drained but if your in the area you might want to check it out. If your looking for good deals he has a bunch. I saw a couple pond pumps he offered but I have no need.

PM Dogfish or me for his email. I'm not on here everyday, so I might not see the PM right away.

He also has a bunch of fish (pickup only):

Blue dolphin breeding group 2m4f 4-5" long $80 for group
Blue dolphin fry 1" for $2 and 2"+ for $4

Tangerine tiger breeding group 2m3f 3-4" long for $80 for group

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His, tanks are great for growing out plants w or w/o water. I've got 3 going now.

They are not pretty. Clean up might range from vinegar to CLR & a razor blade. At $5 a pice for a 20L that hold water I'm good with it.

I can't believe he still has the Tangerine Tiger breeding group. They were just OUTSTANDING. In a 40B to a 70 tank they would really look great. There are some plants in the rift lakes that handle hard water like Val. Maybe Val in 6" pots, in some rockwork? I better stop before I talk myself into it.

I've been out of keeping African Cichlids for a while I jave to think the fry from this breeding group would pay for the parents in one spawning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts