The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, so I got a used 55 gal. I got the inside really clean but on the back there is the white water stain drip that I can't seem to get off the tank. I have scrubbed and scrubbed with my aquarium safe sponge but once it was dry it came back. It is on the outside.. so should I try something to remove lyme? Any pointers would be wonderful.. thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That seems to have helped a whole lot. There is still a little left so I'll do it again tomorrow and I'm sure it will be gone then. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
127 Posts
try 'kaboom' which is mold, mildew cleaner, and scrub. By far that was the toughest stain remover around my shower and bathroom area, and I recently tried it on my 90 gallon tank which I bought used.
Since it is outside, if you have enough yard space, or garage, spray it, scrub, and rinse.

·
Registered
474 Posts
try 'kaboom' which is mold, mildew cleaner, and scrub. By far that was the toughest stain remover around my shower and bathroom area, and I recently tried it on my 90 gallon tank which I bought used.
Since it is outside, if you have enough yard space, or garage, spray it, scrub, and rinse.
If you want to go the toxic route, "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner will get off any kind of water deposits I've ever encountered.. and our water is literally liquid rock (20˚+GH).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts