The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to purchase a 5 lb. CO2 bottle, regulator, needle valve, and calcium reactor (was used as the CO2 reactor as well) for around 100 dollars used. However, I have no idea what to look for when I see this to know if I am getting a "good" deal.

Could you all tell me what I should be looking for with regard to the equipment's condition and whether this is a good price? Thanks!

P.S. I do not have that the specific models or anything, the guy selling it and I have been playing phone tag. Just trying to get the basics. thanks.

·
Registered
711 Posts
If I were to buy it,I would connect it all and put the co2 line in a large glass and see if the needle valve is responsive to fine adjustment,try to disconnect the solenoid by unplugging it and see if it stops the flow completely or not ,and use soap and water mixture on all connections to find if there is any leaks anywhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now there is no solenoid, only the tank, regulator, valve, and the reactor. Do you think that is a good price for this? I am looking online and this looks to be about 25% off what it would be new. If all is in order (thanks for all the insight into what to look for BTW), should I negotiate for lower? Maybe 75 or 80 dollars for the setup?

Thanks again
Chris

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Check the tank's hydro test date and make sure its good. Just make sure everything looks in good condition, no dents in the tank broken gauges etc. I think $100 for the tank and regulator is a pretty fair price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.