The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My planted nano is 24" so length is perfect, some of my plants, while still looking ok, are reaching for the light.

I got lucky and came across a used coralife fixture, I can buy it for $20. I plan on slowly acclimating my plants to whats essentially 2.5x the wattage.

Could I end up doing some damage to the plants? I wouldnt usually put soo much wattage on a tank this small, but at the same time It's as deal I wont come across again, and I guess I can always go back to my old light and setup another tank :)

Also Ive just found out the bulbs are 6 months old so they aren't quite as bright as that would be if new.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
I can't imagine the screaming light that would come flaming out of your bookshelf tank with that. I have two of those tanks, using daylight over one, 50/50 fluorescent over the other. Everything grows fine under those.

I'm thinking with brighter light you'll need CO2 and ferts.

Don't know if your plants will scorch under them, but thinking you may need sunglasses. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, I bought it a few hours ago, I think its because of the bulbs age, its not really "that" bright.

The tank looks great, No more dark corners.

I do lightly dose ferts, and am thinking of a bigger filter as the stock one does not circulate the entire tank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.