The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just uncovered the tank after a 3 day blackout period to get at the GW and my light is malfunctioning. It will only turn on for a couple of seconds and turn off again. It won't turn on unless I unplug and back in, but still stays on for only a few seconds.
Plants are not happy about the last three days and now their sun is still gone. It's a Hagen GLO 2x24 someone please help.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
You should be returning that fixture to the place you got it from, or contacting Hagen and hoping their customer service is better than the quality of their products... not asking people on a forum what to do about it.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone can tell you anything other than "hopefully it came with a warranty." :(

I'm sorry.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just a random thought, you could remove the bulbs and put them back to be sure that it isn't a loose contact causing the ballast to shut off from some kind of "fault protection" or something.

If you have other bulbs you could try them, just to se if it may be the bulbs. Or swap the bulbs to opposite sockets. That sometimes works with regular fluorescent (magnetic ballast) fixtures.

If the fixture is turning on and then shutting itself off it seems to me like it could be some issue with a short. Electronic ballasts are getting more advanced so they may have integrated short circuit protection that resets when you unplug the fixture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts