The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another fish is dying in my tank. Don't remember this is what number. I put anti-fungus (green) stuff and it did stopped it for a while. However, it just come back and again and again. My beauty koi go one by one. I almost cry everytime one die. Please help. It always start with some white spot, then it start to eat up the fins. Then see the bleeding below the scales. Hope someone can help again. Please help. I replace the water recently. What else should I do?

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are you doing weekly water changes and gravel cleaning? Are you checking your water's PH, ammonia, etc.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
^^Good points, and what is the temp, size tank? How old is the tank and how are you treating the water? Have you checked whether your water supply has chlorine or chloramines? You need to test, stop putting in chemicals!

·
Registered
405 Posts
It does sound like there's some "ammonia burn" and then secondary infections are setting in, including what's generally called "fin rot." So, it very well may be a "housekeeping" issue that requires a lot more monitoring of the water's conditions, like testing for ammonia, nitrite and even pH (and adding a buffer, if necessary, to keep the pH where it should be.) Also, just like recommended above, water changes are very important. And, as for the fin rot, adding an anti-biotic (following the instructions on the package exactly,) would be a good option...or, at least, put a tablespoon of kosher salt (or salt sold specifically for aquariums) into the tank's water after a water change of about 25%.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts