The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv just found my female Cajun Crayfish dead :( Even worst its the female that's carring the eggs. So now I have around 20-40 eggs. Is there a way I can try to save them. I would rather try and fail rather then not try.

Im still trying to figure out what killed her. Maybe one of the other 3 crays? The water checks fine. And there has been no other dead cherries, amano's or other crays. Its the first dead thing in the tank since I put it up around 5 months ago. But why her :(

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Put the eggs in a media bag and put it under the outflow of your filter. It works with cherry shrimp eggs...it might work this time too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is she a newer cray than the others? Maybe she was older than the rest or she was sick when you got her. I don't know anything about their babies, so I can't help you with that. I hope things work out for you and her. Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only thing I had to put the eggs into was a very small brine shrimp net. They lasted a few days but then the net as knocked into the tank. So the eggs were more then likely eaten by the snails.
But it was worth the try. Maybe next time Ill secure the net a little better :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts