The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 15 gallon appears to be leaking. i am testing it right now. but if it is.. My betta is gonna need a new home. I was wondering if it will be okay with either black skirt tetras or pearl gouramis. I doubt the pearls would be okay.. I know bettas dislike other gouramis that dwarfs their own gourami beauty.

please reply ASAp if you have an answer.

·
Registered
234 Posts
black skirts have been said to be nippy, mine arnt and ive never had a problem but ive heard of it. the gouramis i dont see a problem with ? and the amanos i dont think he would touch ( bettas stay more towards the top)

jordan

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
black skirts have been said to be nippy, mine arnt and ive never had a problem but ive heard of it. the gouramis i dont see a problem with ? and the amanos i dont think he would touch ( bettas stay more towards the top)

jordan
The only thing I would really worry about are the gouramies. They are in the same family and so they wont like each other.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had one Betta that got along with Dwarf Gouramis just fine. I had another that constantly fought with the Gouramis. So it depends on the fish. Some of the Betta literature out there does suggest they not be mixed in the same tank unless it is very large.

Amano shrimp...Had 10, only 1 large shrimp left. Very healthy Betta! Your mileage may vary. :)

Brian

·
Registered
888 Posts
In the interest of the betta's safety, pls do not mix him with either black skirts or pearls. Both can be unpredictable.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
0o his body is about 3-4 inches long I think.. I dunno not measured him. his fins are longer. but he is a pretty big betta.
Now I want to see a picture. :)
I have three Ctenopoma acutirostre in my 55 with my beta. Plus several corys and a couple dwarf puffers. It's a strange mix that has been working for several months. The Betta was a wait and see test that is working out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.