The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting this thread to find some local hobbyists in the Upstate New York Area. I am from Syracuse and I am always looking for people to buy/trade items locally. Especially in this weather I always try to look around the area for local people.

I have lots of plants, that I am willing to trade for others. Hit me up on here and we will beef up this section in the Upstate area!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hello, I'm from Oswego. Unfortunately all I could give you is some bladder snails and some java fernlets that have some hair algae on them, and not many at that. But it is nice to know who else is in the area!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
A bunch of us from NY are swapping plants throughout the year. Just post up what you are looking for and offering. pick up or shipping makes no difference so long as both parties are pleased with the exchange. :)

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was also at the Duke game! I didn't watch it though I work for the city so I was out dealing with traffic. Ugh sooo many people.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good! You know how it is with this crazy weather. Even heat packs are questionable this time of the year. I did however receive some shrimp from texas, I was in the middle of shoveling the foot of snow off my driveway when I got the package. All alive and they are thriving in my tank.

Nice to see there is people around the area. Just wanted to get some activity going in our area.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah I am in Syracuse, or I would hook you up. The best place over here is Hahn welding. I got a 20lb tank for $40 bucks and its only 19 to fill it. The 5lb usually run more no matter where you go. They are $70 at hahn but cheap to refill. I do have on but still has gas in it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aquastudent, I'm in Albany also. Try Albany Fire Extinguisher. They fill my Co2 tank for me and they may have a small size you can buy from them. Another option is Home Brew Emporium.

I often have plants I would be willing to trade. Right now I have some amazon swords and crypts that need to be divided.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry mine was bought up, I would definantly check to see if the 10 or 20 lb is cheaper than the #5. They usually are and most are 2-3$ more to refill.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Even with a larger tank that wouldn't be worth the trouble. I have a 125 tank that I crank the co2 and is still going after 7months. 100# would take up to much space.

Also a sump will have some let off of the co2 just because of of the open top. I love sumps and use one to just have to remember this. I just seal my sumps and it does awesome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hey every one I work in North syracuse but live up north. Always looking for odd plants and what not. Any body a member of the cny aquarium club

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts