The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I will be getting an Upsidedown Catfish and I already know it will be too large for a 10g long term. It is however going to be relocated to someone that can keep it. Here is the thing, how long do you think it can stay in the 10g without permanant damage? I want the fish to be healthy.

The lady needs it gone before her fish kill it(Oscar). Although a 100g tank should give enough room for hiding it doesnt :(. The main thin like I said before is that I want the fish to be healthy.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would love to have it in my 180g, not sure if it could co-exist with my 7" featherfin (Synodontis eupterus) though. Any catfish experts here? I am in South Bay so we aren't too far from each other.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
toffee said:
I would love to have it in my 180g, not sure if it could co-exist with my 7" featherfin (Synodontis eupterus) though. Any catfish experts here? I am in South Bay so we aren't too far from each other.
I'll keep you in mind. I want to find out what the LFS says.

unless you're keeping it in there for a rediculously long time, it'll be ok
I am trying to find out quickly from a LFS. But I may need to find a home for it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
A little cramped in a 10 gallon with a knoledgeable fish keeper who will take good care of the fish is 100x better than an LFS who will not take good care of it, who will throw it in with other non-quarintined fish, and sell it to someone without the knowledge or habitat to keep it alive- or another guy with agressive fish who will kill him, thats how he got into this mess. IMO

·
Registered
180 Posts
James, if you are in sacramento metro, we are about 2.5 hours from each other. Perhaps we can meet half way? say somewhere in Fairfield off I80? If you wish, we can do it sometime next week, I am going to LA over the weekend, back only on Tuesday.

·
Registered
234 Posts
uhhh upside down cat is a synodontis eupterus im pretty sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.