The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible? oddly enough i had a dream about it. I know the pressure would be great at the apex, but with the right support and silicone seams....would it be do-able for a pico sized tank (2 gallons or less)?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
It would be interesting to see how well it could be balanced on the point of the pyramid. Intuitively I would say it couldn't be done.

·
Registered
646 Posts
i believe it would have to sit inside something, which wouldn't make the effect all that dramatic

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think you could build one, and a stand that would hold it it would look interesting, and with the substrate in there the water would be like a trapezoid which could be really cool I think. I think if I was to build such a thing I would investigate doing it out of acrylic instead of glass. and build a clear acyclic stand that supports the sides about 1/2 way up or so.

The more I think about it the more I'm sure you could manage a small tank that shape.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I can think of a couple ways to do it, and 5 gallons should be doable.
But aside from being cool, why do it? The bottom area for planting would be very small unless you had substrate filling up half of the pyramid. Did you have a really bushy plant that doesn't need much of the way in roots in mind?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts