The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is the deal. My tanks lighting has been part and pieced together form multipul pc fixtures and its getting to be a pain. I am thinking of upgrading to 2x175 MH retro fits form hellolights(tank brace is in the center of the tank). I was also going to run some T8's in the front and back the length of the tank to take care of any dark areas and give a sunrise/set effect with the halides run in the middle of the day. Does this sound good? Thoughts, opinions, ideas...let me have them.

·
Registered
558 Posts
"Thoughts, opinions, ideas..."

1. I think you should give me your old lights for my 125:icon_smil

2. My opinion is that MH lighting you have planned would be most excellant for a 125.

3. Ideas....instead of T-8s, use some of the parts from you pc fixtures to fill in any dark areas.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not going to gut my coralife fixtures for parts, I'm just going to move them to some of my other tanks or sale them. I already have ballasts and bulbs for the T8's. I may even odno the T8's. 2 48" + 2 24" 4 x odno with the 24" tubes ran in series.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not, they are just too nice to gut them. Could make another person very happy though. Might just sale them to help fund the metal halide's. My other tanks are doing fine with odno T8's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.