The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some black friday deals and now is time to spend more money -___- lol I want to upgrade the lights and both of these tanks. Any suggestions? For the spec 2 is my best (and cheapest) option a fluval 13w lamp?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in on this one as well, I"ve got a Spec V that I'm pondering upgrading, don't know whether to go the DIY route (I'm terribly mechanically inept), or the aftermarket route.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I did a DIY light on my spec v from a 12 inch t5 and a computer fan to cool it. Switched back to the original light because it's less maintenance and grows my plants just fine. Others are using finnex fugue ray or marineland double bright led. A fluval 13w works fine on a 2 gallon spec. I have 2 of those lights sitting around somewhere.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did a DIY light on my spec v from a 12 inch t5 and a computer fan to cool it. Switched back to the original light because it's less maintenance and grows my plants just fine. Others are using finnex fugue ray or marineland double bright led. A fluval 13w works fine on a 2 gallon spec. I have 2 of those lights sitting around somewhere.
Are you selling them =D?

·
Registered
218 Posts
haha i think about selling them but would probably like to keep one of them for a back up light. they are both new only used for a couple days. the box is beat up though. shoot me a pm if you want to work out a deal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts