The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I currently am running 2 10 gallon tanks. I have an Aquaclear 20 on one tank and an Aqueon 10 on the other.

I want to rescape and redesign one and would like to update to a cannister filter with lilly pipes. I plan on keeping the Aquaclear 20 on the other tank.

What is a good, cost-effective (within reason) cannister filter and set of lilly pipes to run on a 10 gallon tank? I plan on setting up my CO2 again when I rescape. The tank I have is not rimless, I may purchase a new rimless tank, but I have a cats and dogs who shed tons of hair, so I don't like the idea of a completely open top tank. I currently have a glass top lid on both tanks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I'm a big fan of the oase lineup of filters. The 100 thermo is a bit much for a 10 gallon, but you can run it as I do with a ball valve on the return to turn down the flow. The thermo version has the heater integrated in the filter. They are not cheap, at around 110 dollars (by memory). You can definitely get a cheap sunsun or knock off brand for less, but that heater.. its nice to have in the filter. I also like stainless steel lily pipes for their much much much lower maintenance then glass or clear plastic.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you go with the oase filter you could also add an inline CO2 diffuser/reactor. That way the only equipment you have in the tank are the lily pipes. Don't go the Sunsun route if you want an inline heater/CO2, it just won't cut it and you'll end up spending the price difference in "upgrades"(Don't ask me how I know 😅).

I'll be following for more lily pipe suggestions, still looking for the perfect set for my 10 gallon.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you go with the oase filter you could also add an inline CO2 diffuser/reactor. That way the only equipment you have in the tank are the lily pipes. Don't go the Sunsun route if you want an inline heater/CO2, it just won't cut it and you'll end up spending the price difference in "upgrades"(Don't ask me how I know 😅).

I'll be following for more lily pipe suggestions, still looking for the perfect set for my 10 gallon.
I just put a CO2Art inline diffuser on an Oase Filtosmart Thermo 100 canister this morning. In a few minutes I'll be putting another on a 200.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts