The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
yeh, unless you just have money to throw away I wouldnt bother. Your tank looks awesome. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Yeah, let me tell you: If I could get a tank looking like that without CO2, I would stay away for sure. It's just one less thing to think about/manage, not to mention the additional workload of tanks with fast growth rates and the mandatory fert dosing. I don't even think you could get your tank looking that much better than it is right now if you added CO2 (because of how awesome it already looks); you would just get faster growth rates. Basically, less trimming, don't have to spend money on CO2/worry about gassing fish/don't have to do anything but water change once in awhile and feed fish and maybe light dosing when you feel like it AND being able to have a tank like that is just unfair!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks 500x better than my CO2 tank.
yeh, unless you just have money to throw away I wouldnt bother. Your tank looks awesome. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Yeah, let me tell you: If I could get a tank looking like that without CO2, I would stay away for sure. It's just one less thing to think about/manage, not to mention the additional workload of tanks with fast growth rates and the mandatory fert dosing. I don't even think you could get your tank looking that much better than it is right now if you added CO2 (because of how awesome it already looks); you would just get faster growth rates. Basically, less trimming, don't have to spend money on CO2/worry about gassing fish/don't have to do anything but water change once in awhile and feed fish and maybe light dosing when you feel like it AND being able to have a tank like that is just unfair!
Hey guys/gals,
I do have DIY CO2 on this and let me tell you it is a lot of work. Three large containers that never seem to work right and I am doing a modified EI dosing and 35% water changes weekly so get pretty good growth with some of the plants. I am hoping to be able to add some more if I have consistent CO2 and not a DIY hooked up to my powerhead.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Hey guys/gals,
I do have DIY CO2 on this and let me tell you it is a lot of work. Three large containers that never seem to work right and I am doing a modified EI dosing and 35% water changes weekly so get pretty good growth with some of the plants. I am hoping to be able to add some more if I have consistent CO2 and not a DIY hooked up to my powerhead.
Oh yeh, if you are going to the trouble of DIY then you are probably better off going to full blown system.

run you around 150-200 for all the parts and tank, then 30-40 for refills. My friend has a 55 with a tank thats maybe 3-4' tall and like 8" in diameter (I dont remember how many lbs it is) but it lasts him something like a year or 2.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I keep tanks with and without CO2. Yours is definitely a non-CO2 winner!

Which substrate you have there? You are keeping several plant species in there!

Good luck with Bettatail's ROAK!

Pepetj
Santo Domingo

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good luck Mightyoak!
Thanks!

I keep tanks with and without CO2. Yours is definitely a non-CO2 winner!

Which substrate you have there? You are keeping several plant species in there!

Good luck with Bettatail's ROAK!

Pepetj
Santo Domingo
Substrate is Flourite mixed with gravel

That's WITHOUT CO2? Crazy! Your tank looks amazing. Good luck with the RAOK!
Its not completely without CO2...DIY CO2 and i have multiple bottles going in and can't keep up any more.:eek:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That piece of driftwood I got from the Rocky Mountains while fishing with my son. It was pretty funny last year when I started getting into the planted tanks we went up the Poudre Canyon fishing and all I could do was keep looking for some wood that would look good in my tank. Brought home a couple of other pieces too that are in my shrimp tanks.:proud:

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
That piece of driftwood I got from the Rocky Mountains while fishing with my son. It was pretty funny last year when I started getting into the planted tanks we went up the Poudre Canyon fishing and all I could do was keep looking for some wood that would look good in my tank. Brought home a couple of other pieces too that are in my shrimp tanks.:proud:
How is it I cannot find driftwood like that when I am out and about in the mountains? lol.

Great looking tank, if you do get the system, you should add some more light to the right side of the tank, its looking a slight bit bare.

Which plant is that in the front left side, just to the right of the red plant? It looks like pogostemon erectus?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Which plant is that in the front left side, just to the right of the red plant? It looks like pogostemon erectus?
Not sure exactly but I think that is correct. I really would like to upgrade my lights but won't bite the bullet just yet. Want some T5s as all I have is 65 watt cfls.

Thanks Noahma!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.