The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have a betta in the same aquarium as a breeder box, the betta will most likely try to get into the box as often as possible(I know mine did) I just came into my room a few minutes ago and he was in there AGAIN, and this time I think he got the baby. I'm leaving the box in there for now in case he's just hidden really well (he's nearly transparent), but I don't see him anywhere :/

Is there a such thing as a cover for a breeder box? because the betta literally just jumped in again. I keep netting him to get him out and I was hoping that would be traumatic enough to keep him out, but no!

So yes, if anyone has any suggestions, let me know please!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
lower water line so more of the breeding net is out of the water. There are also some breeding traps that have lids for them.

·
Registered
561 Posts
The Finnex HOB is really expensive. Marina has a couple of nice ones. I have the medium box and it was under $15. I have mine hooked to a Marineland Duetto 50 filter that I found on clearance somewhere for $3. I used a small piece of 3/4" tubing from the outflow of the filter to the pipe on the box. The filter on low setting pushes a little water through the box without overflowing it. I like this setup better than using an air pump with the box. I keep marimo balls and java moss in my box, so it gives a little extra filtration and kind of acts like a HOB filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts