The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He's about 8-9" TL. He is in a 180g planted tank along with another one his size and 5 juvies, plus some Columbian Tetras and a ton of corydoras. A pair is good in a 60g. They need fine sand, to sift. Nothing abbraisive. I use 3M Colorquartz, which is a pefect product for them. They are 100 non-aggressive, and are very shy. They are also not easy to obtain, mine are wild stock from an importer in Florida, fishfarmUSA. Most of the Suri- race geos sold in US are mass produced, who-knows-what species that never get to look like that. Dont buy the LFS geos, get them from a breeder or wildcaught.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Paradise, beautiful fish! What kind of foods do you feed these guys? And is the water pretty soft as I googled and see they come from around British Guyana in SA?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow! grew up right near the golf course too...a little above the intersection of rinaldi and wilbur :) Small world! My parents still live there same with my relatives who live in the old S&S estates overlooking the whole valley (cliff)

I'm in Finland cause my husband's a Finn :) Decided to live here, but, we go back to my home every year or so.

Really nice to meet someone who lives back home...I must say, the place is always changing - heard Porter Ranch will break off from Northridge and become its own city? It sure is big enough...

ha ha, I am actually in Porter Ranch too, right above the golf course :) What r u doing in Finland of all places?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.