The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so here's the deal. The economy is making us cry.

So I'm offering packages of 20 mixed crystal red/black shrimp, random pick for $60 total, including EXPRESS mail shipping. (It'll be mostly reds, but may contain some blacks.)

*Pricing is based on personal payments through paypal, but you are welcome to pay non-personal; just add the 4% paypal fee to your total for payment. The non-personal type payment buys you paypal's buyer's guarantee of purchase, if this is important to you. My guarantee is the same, regardless of which you choose. I simply offer you the choice to save yourself the fee.

LIVE ARRIVAL GUARANTEE: For any DOA, if you provide clear pictures in unopened shipping bag on the day of arrival, I will refund you $2 per shrimp that is dead.

These shrimp will be about 3/8 to 1/2 inch size, a few will be even larger than that. They will be about 25% C grade and the rest nominally A grade, but that will likely include some S grade. I just put 100 no-entries into that tank for breeding stock a month ago and it's kicking out tons of hinos and a few mosuras now, even, although they won't be part of your package - just a snapshot of the breeding stock I'll pull from for this, my low-end tank I use for entry level crystal packages. The picture below is over a year old and doesn't show the proportion of higher grades, and believe me I'm working to get a new camera so I can shoot some better and updated pictures, I'm almost there - all my shrimp money the past year went into investing into NEW livestock that I'm currently developing for production, and it's only now I'm using any to buy other stuff like a camera. (I currently have five production tanks of crystals going). I don't have time to hand pick them out, so it's random pick, blacks and reds. If you have ever tried to hand pick ONE crystal from a tank of hundreds or maybe even thousands, you will understand that these suckers are FAST and it would take too much time to hand pick these bargain specials.

These packages will be on a first-paid-first-alloted basis via paypal. I will take payments for enough orders for one shipping day (probably 4-6 batches), then do the shipping. Then I will go down the list and accept the next round of payments by notifying those on the list they are up next and giving them paypal information.

You can order more than one package if you want.

I will keep pulling these until I have the tanks thinned enough, and I have no idea how many packages are in there, so I will keep a list in the order I get messages/payments, and go down the list as I fill the orders. So you may have to have some patience if there are a lot of responses.

Thanks for reading, please see my feedback.

DK

Attachments

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update

OK, I'm sold out for Monday 10/26 shipments. You know if you are included in them.

ALL OTHER REPLIES TO ME AFTER THE TIME STAMP ON THIS POST: I will wait to respond to you until after I finish fishing in the tanks tomorrow, when I can then re-assess stock levels.

I go by Private Messages, and don't always catch posts in the thread, so please PM me to get in touch.

Thank you,

DK

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am so PMing you :)
This (and the blue tiger one I saw) are awesome, very cool thing to do!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, everyone. As of the time of this posting, there are 15 parties on the wait list after this week's shipments, which are sold out.

After I post this, I will go through the PMs and you will receive your number on the waitlist. (#1 is next in line, #2 is after #1, etc.) From that, you can determine if you want to hang in there for the wait, or if you want to start shopping elsewhere. I'm happy to keep you on the waitlist as long as you want, and will notify you when your batch comes up. If you want to be dropped from the waitlist, just let me know so I can inform others when their number moves.

I will update your waitlist numbers when there's been enough movement to be significant.

I really don't know how many batches are going to go out in a given interval. It will depend on the tank density, my schedule, and weather.

If you're an impatient type, consider this a "sold out" sign. If you're a patient, or broke, type, consider this a sit-back-and-chill-and-one-of-these-days-your-number-will-be-up.

Thanks all,

DK

·
Registered
45 Posts
Received shrimp today great packaging . acclimating them right now, put a smile on my face with the personal thanks. You have very good customer service, in a world were its becoming rare. I am very satisfied.

thanks again

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Wait list closed as of now

OK, all, I'm closing the wait list at 25 slots, which I have already reached. These are living creatures and I don't want an endless wait list pressuring me to overproduce or produce under too much stress.

Plus, I just don't feel comfortable with pie-in-the-sky expectations. Those of you later in the wait list are likely looking at months, I'd say. I'd prefer to close the waitlist than have it get any longer and folks start to grow resentments because it's taking too long.

I'm a hobbyist, not a factory, so please keep this in mind. I do produce a good number of shrimp, but primarily I like to do good animal husbandry and provide a positive experience for buyers in the hobby.

I hope you understand.

DK

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm #5, I'm not in a giant rush so I'm not here twiddling my thumbs or anything. Excited to get them though :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Shrimps all arrived in execelent packaging and all alive! The purigen is a very nice touch; the personal thanks :icon_bigg was appreciated. Just started to drip acclaimate them now... Hope I don't lose any in my cherry tank.

Highly recommend DK for future shrimp purchase! :proud:

Those of you still on the waitlist... it's worth the wait!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wait lister update

OK, all, I sent out the next round of shipments today.

If you want to upgrade your shipping method (PM me for the options), I will move you to the top of the wait list, because likely I'm going to cut off shipping for the winter using priority soon, especially for west coast, northwest, midwest locales.

We had two priority shipments take three days and one (very unusual) take 5 days last week, and with present temps this is not going to be good for the shrimp. The rest were two day arrivals.

Score so far is zero DOAs, though. And no reports back of any other problems.

Thanks for your patience, all.

DK

1 - 20 of 136 Posts