The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I purchased this plant around a year back and it showed normal growth till last month. All of a sudden, few leaf stems started lengthening and leaves also widens. Each leaf in these pics took just 1 week time to reach this stage one after another. Means every day I can notice 3-4 inches growth on each stem.

Anyone can explain me why this happens and the name of this plant (I forgot).

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I dont know what or why but it is cool looking. Cant wait to read what and why.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
That's really friggen cool, I want one of those now :smile2:
Cool looking plant and I wanted one until I read the following on the My Plants page as posted by @mr.bigglesworth

BUYER BEWARE! This plant is not a good fully submerged candidate. It prefers to grow emersed and most of the time I have found it will only survive a few years submerged before the plant will start dieing and producing long stems which reach out of the water and sprout many babies. Usually, unless vigorously pruned 24/7 this plant will keep on trying to grow out of the tank, it is very obstinate, it just wont stop. I ended up killing mine trying to get it to stay compact.
If this is normal and the plant will survive submersed just fine I may still want one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow I'm amazed at the vitality of this plant, when I get a bigger tank I still want to get one for sure. It'll be very interesting to see it's growth

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ditto to most of the comments. My experience is that it isa fantastic bog plant, keep the roots submerged, and it sends up stiff stalks with emersed leaves. Mine flowered easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts