The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Long story short, I bought a UNS Pro Regulator that was defective and had an issue with the solenoid and with the needle valves staying consistent. I sent back that regulator and was sent a replacement unit. This new unit has the same issue with the solenoid but not the needle valve. Either I was just sent two bad units or there has to be something I am doing wrong. Here is some info.

Running 2 co2 lines to separate tanks

25psi

The issue: The solenoid valve slows down, but does not completely stop the flow of co2 when it is not receiving power. For example on one of the lines, I run around 1 bubble every ~1.3 seconds. A few hours after I turn off the solenoid and the morning after, the rate is at around 1 bubble every 8-10 seconds. This seems to be a common issue for those who run their pressure too high but 25psi is what UNS recommends and doesn't seem high (to me at least).

I have read some things saying to increase the working pressure and cycle the solenoid a few times to loosen any debris but I am worried this could potentially break things/void the warranty, if it is safe though I would like to try it. I do not want to void my warranty so I would like to not have to take apart anything. If anyone knows what could be going on, or how to fix this, any info would be great! If there is any more info you need, let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i had this issue with a new gla regulator at one point. there was some micro debris in the solenoid. i disassembled and blew it out and the solenoid thereafter has stopped the flow as expected.

there's not much to it, so i'd recommend taking it apart and clearing any debris that might be hanging out in there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone! Long story short, I bought a UNS Pro Regulator that was defective and had an issue with the solenoid and with the needle valves staying consistent. I sent back that regulator and was sent a replacement unit. This new unit has the same issue with the solenoid but not the needle valve. Either I was just sent two bad units or there has to be something I am doing wrong. Here is some info.

25psi

The issue: The solenoid valve slows down, but does not completely stop the flow of co2 when it is not receiving power. For example on one of the lines, I run around 1 bubble every ~1.3 seconds. A few hours after I turn off the solenoid and the morning after, the rate is at around 1 bubble every 8-10 seconds. This seems to be a common issue for those who run their pressure too high but 25psi is what UNS recommends and doesn't seem high (to me at least).

I have read some things saying to increase the working pressure and cycle the solenoid a few times to loosen any debris but I am worried this could potentially break things/void the warranty, if it is safe though I would like to try it. I do not want to void my warranty so I would like to not have to take apart anything. If anyone knows what could be going on, or how to fix this, any info would be great! If there is any more info you need, let me know. Thanks!
I made my self CO2 system..it takes lityle while to release all co2 in the tubing even close the valve. Mine takes over 10min. Even without passing bubble. That all depends on the diffuser performance. I DIY diffucer acts like that..

25psi

Pressure is not a issue it can operate until 0.8mPa(need to check modle spec). In nature it takes some smal time to stop bubble count due to pressure between solenoide and needle valve and it depends on your diffuser. Even bubble count stops co2 can be diffuced for while..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.