The Planted Tank Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Where can I find this adaptor. That actually sounds really helpful.

If I get them online are they just called paintball tank o rings?
First search for this..
Trinity Paintball CO2 Tank adapter to CGA 320 Industrial keg aquarium upgrades
Only one I could find..
You'd take the adapter off your regulator and use a plastic seal between the 2.

As to the o rings they look to come in different sizes but they are everywhere so to speak.
some are metric, some US..

What a bout where you bought the tank?
Brand and model?

Reactions: Em Morez

·
Registered
73 Posts
Try lots of Teflon tape for a quick fix. Doesn't hurt to try 3-4 layers make sure to over hang the Teflon onto the font to insure a seal. $0.50 for a roll. If this does fix the issue find a small rubber seal somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
242 Posts
Where can I find this adaptor. That actually sounds really helpful.

If I get them online are they just called paintball tank o rings?
They are just o rings for paintball tanks, your tank looks to be a 20 oz, but they are the same for 9 oz, 12 oz and 20 oz.

You're right @Em Morez I don't actually know how those work, but I do know that if that happens on your paintball marker it is the o-ring. On a paintball marker there is a hole just behind the o-ring and the o-ring acts as a sort of satety mechanism. I have seen those blow half way through a game because the day got warmer and the o-ring wasn't too bad but couldn't handle just a bit more heat and i'm sure being played with and getting moved and tossed around help to make it go.

anyway, I was speaking from that stand point. I believe I mentioned what a worn o-ring looks like. if yours is smooth and tight in it's spot you're fine on the o-ring front. also, the clear ones are generally better than the black ones in quality.

·
Registered
39 Posts
@Em Morez

I have this same reg. You are missing a tiny oring that sits at the top of the connector. I have drawn where it should go here:

That is the oring that will stop the CO2 from going out the side bleed hole. Mine came with a few extra orings. If you didn't get any you can find them on amazon:

If you are still having issues I can disconnect mine and post a picture.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
@Em Morez

I have this same reg. You are missing a tiny oring that sits at the top of the connector. I have drawn where it should go here:
View attachment 1026682

That is the oring that will stop the CO2 from going out the side bleed hole. Mine came with a few extra orings. If you didn't get any you can find them on amazon:

If you are still having issues I can disconnect mine and post a picture.
Hi @crushalot . So I did get a few extra o rings with my regulator. I have 3 different sizes. I just tried the two bigger ones and basically have the same issue.... Basically. So I can screw on the tank majority of the way with no issues. And the pressure Guage goes up on the regulator. As soon as I open the knobs to allow co2 to flow a bunch of bubbles come through the bubble counter and then pressure shoots to zero, bubbles stop immediately. If I try to tighten at this point co2 shoots out of the little hole. I'm just gonna include pix of the rings for size reference

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Try lots of Teflon tape for a quick fix. Doesn't hurt to try 3-4 layers make sure to over hang the Teflon onto the font to insure a seal. $0.50 for a roll. If this does fix the issue find a small rubber seal somewhere.

I'll try to grab some Teflon tape this weekend if I can. Ty

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
They are just o rings for paintball tanks, your tank looks to be a 20 oz, but they are the same for 9 oz, 12 oz and 20 oz.

You're right @Em Morez I don't actually know how those work, but I do know that if that happens on your paintball marker it is the o-ring. On a paintball marker there is a hole just behind the o-ring and the o-ring acts as a sort of satety mechanism. I have seen those blow half way through a game because the day got warmer and the o-ring wasn't too bad but couldn't handle just a bit more heat and i'm sure being played with and getting moved and tossed around help to make it go.

anyway, I was speaking from that stand point. I believe I mentioned what a worn o-ring looks like. if yours is smooth and tight in it's spot you're fine on the o-ring front. also, the clear ones are generally better than the black ones in quality.
Yeah it looks pretty smooth and flat to me, so maybe it's a different issue. I appreciate you taking time to explain 😊

·
Registered
39 Posts
The diameter looks corect on the last larger one but the thickness seems maybe to large. Should still work, but you have to really screw it in tight and smash that down good since the threads only go halfway up the stem. And yes you need to wrap the threads in Teflon tape.
When i look in my relief hole I can see the white of the tape so make sure the threads cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The diameter looks corect on the last larger one but the thickness seems maybe to large. Should still work, but you have to really screw it in tight and smash that down good since the threads only go halfway up the stem. And yes you need to wrap the threads in Teflon tape.
When i look in my relief hole I can see the white of the tape so make sure the threads cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok I'll give it a try this weekend. Ty so much.

Doesn't hurt to try. Works like a charm from my experiences. Be sure to put the Teflon around anti-clockwise old plumbers trick!

Ohhhh good to know!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the FZone version of your regulator. I am also using it with the paintball adaptor and a 20oz canister. I got it yesterday and so far there hasn‘t been any leaks.

The only o-ring between the adaptor and the canister is the nylon one that goes around the rim of the paintball canister. Yours looks a little worn and I would replace it like jeffkrol suggested. I have read several post that have said to avoid using teflon tape. You don‘t want a piece of tape breaking off and getting jammed up in your regulator causing more problems.

When I placed the regulator on the canister I used two wrenches to tighten it. One to hold the regulator in place and the second to twist the paintball canister.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ok. So just in case anyone is wondering. I ordered the rings for the paintball canister and some Teflon tape. I replaced the ring and decided to give it a try. And it worked out fine for the most part. I do think that the tank may have been over filled only because I could get the canister tight with no leaking, bubbling fine for maybe 30 mins or so and then the pressure would drop or I would start to hear air. So somehow the regulator was slowly loosening. Too much pressure maybe??? Anywhere I just kept trying.... tightening the regulator when this would happen and after a few tries it seems to be working fine.

Thank you all for all of your suggestions. My next battle.... algae 😫😫 lol

21 - 34 of 34 Posts