The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I was pretty sure it was anubias, just wanted to confirm it. This other plant has me baffled. Guess ill wait and see after it gets accustomed to my tank.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
The leaves in the top picture have a "sawtooth" edge to them very much like the lower leaves on hygrophila difformis, aka water wisteria, that get less light than the top of the stems. I'd bet that that's what you have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive always enjoyed water wisteria, but never seen it look like this. My past tank had bunches of it. I suppose ill get to watch it develop over time then. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just removed literally half of a 26 bowfront's worth of wisteria that all grew from one salvaged 6" petsmart stem. It's leaf shapes ranged from the typical highly exaggerated fine leaves that wisteria is known for, ranging from 2"-5" per leaf, to what you see in the op's picture along with completely smooth edged leaves and it seemed that leaf shape was not relative to light intensity . Emersed form is pretty cool too. You will know for sure though once it becomes established.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.