The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guessed it...I have a stow-away snail...

We wanted some more height in our new 29 gallon tank so we bought the anarchis for the tetra to hide in...right on queue the next day I noticed this little guy speeding around the tank. Must have missed him somehow!

I pulled him out to prevent an infestation but I'm not sure what exactly it is. It looks too short to be a MTS, but too long to be a common pond snail - any thoughts?

I'm not adverse to putting him back if he's something desirable since we were looking to add a single Mystery and/or Nerites neither of which would reproduce, but we just don't want 1,000 snails!

Thanks for any help you can give,
--Will

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
pond snail. a real one. bladder snail (Physa) do not have a prominent spiral on the end. theirs is relatively small to the main curve (which is huge like in this snail). also physa will have a net-like pattern on the inside of their shell.
this is 100% pond snail, and it will likely grow big if this guy is small right now.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
Whatever it is, it's quite attractive!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.