The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Today I went to my local pet store and they had a very sorry little red tiger lotus at cost price, so I snatched that up! But the nice lady that served me threw in the bag a couple of other sorry specimens that would have just died in the sell tanks. But I have no idea what they are. Can anyone help identify them?

The first photo is a little plant with a lotus type leaf but a little longer in comparison. It is growing from a smooth rounded chestnut coloured nut, rather than a rhizome, about 5mm in diameter. From this nut grows the main plant but it also has a small 'runner' with a new plant starting to form. The leafs are plain and pale in colour (possibly from the sell tank lighting and lack of care/ferts) with tiny pink/purple spots on it. I couldn't find it in the 'Tropica Plant Catalogue' or the 'Aquatic Plant Central Plant Finder'... So I hope someone can recognise it, so i can give it some TLC.

Second photo is a little crypt type thing that has vibrant pink/purple leaves. It grows from a rhizome, similar to that of a Lotus. It is only very small but at this stage I think it is a Barclaya Longifolia, but will have to wait to find out for this one I think. but does anyone have any better suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks heaps!

Attachments

·
Pelvicachromis Lover!
5,106 Posts
The second one doesn't look like a Barclaya longifolia to me, and it's definitely not a Crypt wendtii. The veining on the leaves makes me think it's a sword.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts