The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think its Mondo grass which isn't fully aquatic, if you have a HOB filter you can take the top off and it will root into the sponge just make sure they don't go all the way to the impeller. I bought it too and stuck it in my tank then realized I didn't want to throw my money away so I just stuck it in the filter on my spec III.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Agree with the above. A non aquatic plant commonly mis-sold as aquatic. Mondo grass will do better in your garden, or riparium style-roots in tank, leaves above water.
Amusingly I cannot find mondo grass at my local garden centers/home improvement store garden sections, but my lfs have plenty of (half dead) ones in their plant display tank..a long with other non aquatics like arrowhead plant, lucky bamboo, peace lily, purple waffle, aluminum plant, and other species of Dracaena... =.= ugh

I take that back, I found it one at a home depot.. but it has some nasty mold/fungal growth at the base of the plant int he rockwool(?) it was stuffed into so did not want to touch it.. but I mostly only see it at lfs which is just so wrong..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.