The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Only harmful in the fact that they are little piggies, so they compete for food.

However, that's rarely a problem haha.

Also, they eat moss, so if you have moss you like, you might wanna get rid of them

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Only harmful in the fact that they are little piggies, so they compete for food.

However, that's rarely a problem haha.

Also, they eat moss, so if you have moss you like, you might wanna get rid of them
I just placed some Java Moss in Pygmy cory tank and do see them occasionally on it.

Do Pygmy Cories snack these? I know my betta scour the gravel looking for them after I transfer them to their tank to eat.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I have 6 hastatus corys (a dwarf cory) in a 20 gal tank with gammarus shrimp and the shrimp population is doing fine. I believe they can eat small gammarus shrimp but not the adults and there are always enough to keep the gammarus colony going, but the shrimp have destroyed my java moss in this tank. I also have male RCS with them and I never saw that the gammarus shrimp cause a problem for the RCS. Even with all these scavengers I still have a problem with planaria. I wish the corys would eat them. This tank is a zebra pleco tank and the plecos are fuzzy eaters so there are always leftovers for the clean up crew. I put the gammarus shrimp in the tank initially to provide an additional food source for the plecos but I don't know if the plecos even eat them. Until I added the corys, the gammarus shrimp multiplied quickly, now with the corys they have been kept in check and it seems a good balance has been reached. The corys were added about 6 months ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.