The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
I wonder if a German company would let resellers in Finland and Denmark sell their products.
I don't think I fully understand the logic in the question so I might be answering something you wasn't thinking about. Yes, Akvastabil, which is a Danish company actually, like many other companies will also sell stuff abroad too, as does ADA, Eheim, Seachem and others. It's even easier inside EU-area, there's no customs fees/inspections or anything.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Those look like very well designed lighting units, with great reflectors. I wouldn't mind having one of those.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Owning a MDF cabinet would drive me crazy because I'd be afraid of it getting scratched and then getting wet. But I have never heard any bad things about those MDF cabinets or about ones that have been broken and Akvastabil is a brand that's been sold quite commonly around here. Maybe they are really well built then.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
If the MDF is properly sealed and then given a few coats of paint, it should be no problem. Of course I would trust plywood more. If I remember correctly, Pjan made the stand for his award winning AGA tank out of MDF.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
People keep saying MDF is a problem when wet, but it really isn't. Particle board swells up and loses all of its structural strength when wet. But, MDF will shed water for a long time before it is degraded. I used to make cabinets from MDF and one summer I used strips from my waste pile as bean stakes. They made it thru the summer without any problems at all, in spite of being sprayed with water every day. And, those pieces had laid out in the scrap pile thru the winter, as it rained very often. Furthermore, almost all "wood" siding now sold is made of MDF. MDF is not particle board!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts