The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This shrimp is the result of a transparent-white (No spots no nothing) male and a deep cherry red female. Most babies turned out the normal spectrum from clear with brown spots to a nice full red, and everything in between. But this one has a distinctly red body like mom (not as deep yet but wonder if it’s still filling in) and a colorless neck and head like dad. Doesn’t seem like typical Rili coloration either. Anyone seen one like it before?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I have.... in my Yellow King Kongs! The "headless" variety are, IMO, kind of ugly! LOL I'd rather the color be the opposite if we're going to be half colorless! Ah well...

It's always something that could be bred for if you wanted to achieve a line like that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool little fella. Think you should try and breed a new line and call them Mermaid Shrimp <a
href="http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/images/PlantedTank_net_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png" border="0" alt="" title="Wink" >:)</a>
Ha, that’s great. I think it’s a male but not quite sure at that “teenage” stage.

Would be fun to see how the genetics carry on for color pattern as well as actual color!

Sadly, only really having the time or capacity for my one small tank, I likely can’t isolate this one for some selective genetic study lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts