The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I recently added ludwigia red to my tank, probably roughly 2 weeks ago, and this is what the new growth looks like:

Also, the old growth is starting to get some algae:

I just started dosing ei again Sunday largely because of the ludwigia growth, and I thought it was a deficiency of some sort. My question is, does this look like some kind of deficiency, and if so what kind? Or could it just be the stems getting used to their new conditions in my tank? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So for trace I use csm +b. For the past 4-5 months I have not dosed. Two weeks ago I added the pant, and this is what the growth looked like when i dosed Sunday. When I was dosing for a couple months prior to stopping, I dosed 1/32 teaspoon 3 times a week. I am curious if this has happened to anybody when they initially added this plant?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Mine all melted almost immediately when I put it in my tank. Turned to mush. I only have 1 strand that's starting to get some new growth, but the bottom leaves are starting to melt like the others.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine all melted almost immediately when I put it in my tank. Turned to mush. I only have 1 strand that's starting to get some new growth, but the bottom leaves are starting to melt like the others.
Was yours originally emersed growth? I know plants typically melt when going from emersed to submersed conditions.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a hijack at all! Thankfully, mine has yet to melt.

Interestingly while the leaves on the new growth are smaller on my plants, they are actually a really nice shade of red!

·
Registered
382 Posts
For an easy plant, I had my share of difficulties with this plant. When I placed it in Aquasoil with co2 injection, it slowly turned to mush. When I put it in another tank with a flourite and aquasoil mix with co2 injection, it did much better. Not exactly sure why.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.