The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Just received a blue panda from California. It was sent on the 2 Jan. the box was soaked. I was fearing the worst. Opened the box and pulled the bag out and low and behold there a VERY small amount of water and a piece of moss in the corner of the bag. The shrimp was in there also!!! It had survived!!! I immediately took pictures, opened the bag, and transferred the shrimp to my acclimating bowl. He seems to be ok!!! I put him in the TB mischlings tank. He is scooting around and munching!! Incredible. Will update his progress. He is a very lucky panda!!
Tim

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How many came in the order? No DOAs???
It was the only shrimp sent. Traded PRL for him.

It can take up to 2 weeks for stress fully takes its course on the shrimp. Once the next molt comes it will show if he is fine.

Nice tim glad he made it though. Was it a express shipment?
No... It was supposed to be but it was sent priority. Seems ok right now.
Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was the one that sent it actually. It was my first time shipping shrimp haha; I think I put too much bubble wrap and made it snug, so it probably the bag probably burst during shipment. Again, I am so sorry Tim!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Anthony,
I wasn't posting to bash you or anything. I was just sharing how lucky this little guy was!!! I don't think it was your fault. I am just happy it turned out ok so,far.
Thanks,
Tim

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
After losing a lot of $$$ in shipments around Christmas and New Year I have 20 days NO PURCHASE rule.
Last time when I went to pick up my express package from USPS office I saw how they sort express shipments. One guy in the middle of box pile was throwing those boxes in 3 containers 15-20 feet away from him. I was asking myself how shrimps are still alive .

·
The Security Dude
4,336 Posts
Yes, I am the same. I do not ship durring the holidays. They can give a rats butt about how they handle the packages. My counter lady always slams it down, the wrong way even though it is labled fragil and this side up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.