The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting back in the hobby from a year's break. Picked up a UN Systems 2 Gallons Shallow Aquarium. Want to keep it simple and just grow small tiny plants such as Fissiden moss and keep very tiny fish such as Galaxy Rasbora. Haven't really decided on fish yet. I just purchased the fish tank January 9th 2021. Water will cycle for a few weeks. Just planning on my filtration and lighting. Want to keep it simple so this time around I can enjoy it rather than always maintaining it all the time. Right now I don't have a aquarium light so I'm using a Ring Light for photography lol.

What lighting would work best for this setup?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smart light bulb so you can control how bright and have built in timer etc.

I don't think this tank is big enough for fish, you could keep some cherry shrimp.

Alright, I took down the 2 Gallon shallow tank and went out and purchased a 60U Ultum Nature System. It's 60x36x36 CM. 20 Gallons instead. I'm going to use the 2 gallon shallow tank at my shop for a betta tank for the lady in the office. Water is cycling at the moment. Same substrate, same decor, just need materials and equips now.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I second the suggestion that you get a light with a timer/dimmer built in. After years of manually turning on/off (resulting in, ahem, uneven photoperiods), I finally broke down and got an upgrade. Worth it for the prevention of algae.

With such a shallow tank, you can probably go for a mid-shelf light unless you're really trying to blast the dickens out of a carpet. Do you have a finalized plant list yet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts