The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total package for 160+shipping of $25 for express mail with heat pack with live delivery. Or $8 for shipping priority mail with heat pack w/o live delivery. I will use a styro insulated box for the package deal only. I am willing to break up the package at listed prices. Buy the whole package and I will throw in 3 S grade CRS shrimp.

Cryptocoryne cordata 'Rosanervig' (75 dollars)
(Plant you are getting does not show the same coloration. This picture was taken of a plant in my tank though.)

Eriocaulon "goias" (30 dollars)

HC 4x4 patch (35 dollars)

Eriocaulaceae sp (Type 2) 8 stems (13 dollars)
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plants-new-to-hobby/15475-eriocaulaceae-sp-type-2-a.html

Sao Francisco irecienu 4 stems (20 dollars)

Hygrophila sp 'Araguaia' 4 stems (12 dollars)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Good luck finding these plants AT ALL, much less for a cheaper price. I think they're beautiful and probably a great deal, given their rarity! Enough with the criticism already! Let the man sell his plants!

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
does that crypt grow like other crypts?? Is it so expensive just because its hard to find or because its also really hard to keep alive

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to those who are not thread crapping. I guess some people just don't understand the rarity of some of the plants. The Crypt is a 90 dollar plant when you can find it. And even at that the only place you can get it besides me is in asia. The Sao Francisco is still about a 18 dollar/stem plant on a current plant list I got from singapore.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does that crypt grow like other crypts?? Is it so expensive just because its hard to find or because its also really hard to keep alive
Expensive because it is hard to find. It is not that hard to keep alive. Under the right growth conditions the leaves show the distinct white-pink veining. All plants of this cultivar originally came from a single mutant plant collected from the wild.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
That Crypt. isn't ultra hard to keep, but it isn't like any other run of the mill crypt. It's really hard to find and challenging enough to keep.

That Sao Francisco on the other hand is a bear to get to grow...

These are probably some of the rarest plants that you will ever see for sale.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Absolutly beautiful. But I would be hung by my feet to pay that much. I also know Im not expert enough to keep these yet. Iv just finally upgraded to a pressurized system. But they are stunning and worth it. XD

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Ahhh come on guys they aren't that difficult.

Very soft water, lots of light (not necesaary for the C. cordata), lots of CO2, definitely AquaSoil......

Well said. The shrimp alone are worth a good portion of that. Actually rather generous of Ian.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahhh come on guys they aren't that difficult.

Very soft water, lots of light (not necesaary for the C. cordata), lots of CO2, definitely AquaSoil......

Well said. The shrimp alone are worth a good portion of that. Actually rather generous of Ian.
Thanks, no one has taken up the package deal but people are buying some plants. Everyone will be recieving extras. More plants still available.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Beautiful plants. A bit beyond my ability to keep those plants for now. Maybe in the future.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not thread hating just saying that these plants are expensive. I think a lot of people understand that these are rare and that makes them expensive. I still can only say. WOW expensive. I feel the same way when i see a Porsche and you dont get free stuff with a Porsche unless you count women who want you for your car as free stuff.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Got my stems today. ALWAYS satified with the quantity and quality of Ians plants I get! Worth every penny. Great packing!
I wouldnt think twice to buy again.

Thanks!
-Pete

1 - 20 of 22 Posts