The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added 6 Amano shrimp from a LFS to my 29 gallon planted tank yesterday evening, and this morning I noticed one with what looks like an ulcer. I can't figure how to post a photo here, but the spot is on the side of its body, consists of a red ring, with a white center. The ulcer protrudes from the shrimp's side. he acts normally.
I pulled the shrimp out of the tank, as I wondered if this was contagious - or is it an injury. Should I put him back?
I am new to this hobby - I did not quarantine as these are the first group of inhabitants (also added some neon tetras and pigmy corys) in about a 6 week old tank. Water parameters seem good.
Thanks for any advice you can provide.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I added 6 Amano shrimp from a LFS to my 29 gallon planted tank yesterday evening, and this morning I noticed one with what looks like an ulcer. I can't figure how to post a photo here, but the spot is on the side of its body, consists of a red ring, with a white center. The ulcer protrudes from the shrimp's side. he acts normally.
I pulled the shrimp out of the tank, as I wondered if this was contagious - or is it an injury. Should I put him back?
I am new to this hobby - I did not quarantine as these are the first group of inhabitants (also added some neon tetras and pigmy corys) in about a 6 week old tank. Water parameters seem good.
Thanks for any advice you can provide.
I figured out how to post a photo of the shrimp with the ulcer. Not too tough. Thanks

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Perhaps some antibacterial products or supplements might help? I'm not sure.... I have heard that oregano oil can be beneficial.

I am not sure of the best antibacterial tank specific product though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.