The Planted Tank Forum banner

UG Christmas tree

992 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  awdturbo04
Twas the night before Christmas and I was in a hurry so I planted this UG in large clumps. After my last experience with UG where I planted the perfect lawn and had it all melt away in 3 days I didnt want to waste as much time. I got this UG from a friend who lives in my apartment and he cut the roots off in order to grow it in his immersed setup so I figured it had even less odds of surviving...... well low and behold its doing great and has plenty of runners shooting out. the only problem is as you can see below it seems to be growing ontop of it self in a couple places. Do you UG experts think that I should cut these "trees" in half and plant the tops in a different location?

See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Lmao...too funny...I say cut and replant unless you want to add mini x-mas tree decorations...
Ok, break out the tinsel and do one up like a xmas tree. Just for a legendary photo :)
This is the problem I had when I started my UG submerged. If you start it immersed it won't do the "x-mas tree" thing. I actually 2nd the idea to put tiny ornaments on it and take a picture.
I'm growing an emersed UG carpet at the moment (link to Mini-M journal in sig).

Just curious, do you know the reason why your UG melted last time?
I'm growing an emersed UG carpet at the moment (link to Mini-M journal in sig).

Just curious, do you know the reason why your UG melted last time?
I have hypothesized that either it got to hot during shipping although it looked fine when it arrived it did feel physically warm..... or the differences in water between the previous tank and my tank were too much for it. A little but of melting is pretty common from what i hear but mine just liquefied. this batch however looks great minus that it looks like a miniature cut your own Christmas tree place.
This is the problem I had when I started my UG submerged. If you start it immersed it won't do the "x-mas tree" thing. I actually 2nd the idea to put tiny ornaments on it and take a picture.

i may do this with photoshop but ill need to take a better picture.... however what did you end up doing with your christmas trees you chop them or leave them. and what was the end result?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.