The Planted Tank Forum banner

UDGags-125g-New Pics (7/19/16)

84975 511
Latest 2016 Layout

2015 Layout
It grew out more than this but I didn't save any pictures for some reason. If I come across a later picture I'll update this at some point.

2014 Layout

2013 Layout

Tank-125 gallon, 72"L x 18"W x 24"H
Sump -Aqueon Proflex Sump Model 4 w/Biomedia Kit
Overflow-CPR CS202 w/aqualifter
Return Pump-Mag 1800
Heaters-Two Hydor External Eth 300
CO2 System-GLA Supreme CO2 Regulator, Mag 9.5 w/Fractioning Impeller, GE High Flow Household Water Filter Unit (GXWH40L)
UV System-Turbo Twist 12x
Wavemaker-Vortech MP40
Lighting-Two ATI 36" 8x39W Dimmable SunPower w/Controller
Bulbs-Combination of these listed
Giesemann PowerChrome Aqua Flora T5 Lamps* (36" (39W))
Giesemann PowerChrome Midday T5 Lamps* (36" (39W))
ATI Blue Plus + T5 HO Aquarium Lamps (36", 39W)
ATI Purple Plus T5 HO Aquarium Lamps (36", 39W)
GE Starcoat 6,500K T5 High Output HO Aquarium Bulbs (36", (39W))

Controller-Neptune Systems Apex Controller

Substrate-4" of Amazonia (10-9L bags)

Hardscape
Mazanite Wood

2015 Flora
Alternanthera Reineckii 'Variegated'
Ammannia Senegalensis
Crypt Striolata
Eichhornia diversifolia
Eleocharis 'belem' (DGH Belem)
Hottonia Palustris
Hygrophila sp. 'Araguaia'
Ludwigia "Red" Hybrid
Persicaria Pratermissa
Rotala Colorata
Rotala Wallichii

2013 Flora

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I'll be following this thread. Good luck with it; should be fun to watch the fish school in and out of the plants and wood. I think your fish choices are great.

I'm also planning a 125 but will likely go with a canister instead of a sump... I simply don't have enough time to spend fine tuning a sump. But, there are lots of great threads on this forum regarding sumps. I'm curious why you are using the Hydors instead of in sump heaters?

You seem to have a lot of light there. I'm considering using 2 rows of T5HOs suspended over the tank, but I may add one additional row and consider a midday burst.

Good luck with that Bacopa. I never could get it to do anything.

Keep posting pics, and happy holidays.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Wow. I have been following this thread since the start and the pics are awesome. Post #157 chiefly. Really nice how you put the pic up that IDs each species.

Fortunately for you, you got all the plumbing and scaping done before the baby came along :). Beautiful tank.

Wondering how you decided on a PAR value of 125 for the substrate. Was that by trial and error? That number seems pretty high, but obviously it works for you! Then again, my little guy keeps me quite busy, and perhaps I just need more time reading threads about PAR ;)

Keep posting pics. I'm sure there are a lot of people like myself who follow the thread regularly but don't necessarily post comments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.