The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the typical typical clutch size for CRS and RCS?

How many clutches can a female carry during her lifetime?

What is the minimum and typical amount of time between clutches?

Thanks,

~Dud~

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
There aren't any concrete answers. Why are you asking?

RCS and CRS are really different but I know RCS,

Generally...

Clutch = 15-40
Clutch = every 3-4 months (with saddle included and time to get a new one)
Life = about 2years.

CPL = About 8 maybe more maybe less

But nothing is 100% accurate, every shrimp is different.

Male shrimp is all 0 besides life = about the same.

CRS are less since they take more time to mature and have smaller clutches. about 20 per and less survive..

-Andrew

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I'd get a few shrimp and try my hand at breeding them. It sounds like fun. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I thought I'd get a few shrimp and try my hand at breeding them. It sounds like fun. Thank you!
It is fun. Although the population will increase slowly at first, once the babies of the first clutch mature the population will take off!

It took almost 4 month for mine to finally breed. Now they are dropping eggs every few weeks. And the pace is only going to increase.

BTW: These are Red Cherry Shrimp I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
There aren't any concrete answers. Why are you asking?

RCS and CRS are really different but I know RCS,

Generally...

Clutch = 15-40
Clutch = every 3-4 months (with saddle included and time to get a new one)
Life = about 2years.

CPL = About 8 maybe more maybe less

But nothing is 100% accurate, every shrimp is different.

Male shrimp is all 0 besides life = about the same.

CRS are less since they take more time to mature and have smaller clutches. about 20 per and less survive..

-Andrew

RCS clutch time is a lot faster than 3-4 months. In my experience every 1.5 months or less there is a new batch. For crystals the clutch size is a lot smaller, typically a max of around 20. The difference with the two is more than just that though. Its in yield, less of the CRS seem to make it to adulthood. Clutch time for CRS is about the same as RCS. CRS hold eggs for longer but seem to be berried 2 days to a week of dropping babbies. RCS hold their eggs for less time but are berried about 1-2 weeks from dropping eggs.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
RCS clutch time is a lot faster than 3-4 months. In my experience every 1.5 months or less there is a new batch.

For crystals the clutch size is a lot smaller, typically a max of around 20. The difference with the two is more than just that though. Its in yield, less of the CRS seem to make it to adulthood.

Clutch time for CRS is about the same as RCS. CRS hold eggs for longer but seem to be berried 2 days to a week of dropping babbies. RCS hold their eggs for less time but are berried about 1-2 weeks from dropping eggs.
I was talking about from when the saddle FIRST appears, and when she gets her next one after delivering her babies...

CRS, I said max was around 20:wink: and Also said that as well. So I'm not crazy!

Can You explain what your last sentences mean? I don't understand at all...

-Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts