The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im about to refill my Co2 cylinder at Chubb ( Its a company that deals with Fire Extinguishers).

I read that for planted tank, you'll need beverage/beer type co2 when refilling. Or is CO2, just CO2? Anywhere is fine.

thanks.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Co2 is just Co2
The beverage one is a higher purity i guess nothing else.
Are you based in the UK by any chance seeing as you mention Chubb.
if you are you can use a plain old Co2 fire extinguisher.

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
For our purposes, there is no difference except price and service. I find in my area the price is quite high at home brew places and they tend to not get it done right. Sometimes over filling and sometimes under. I like the service I've received as well as the price when I took it to a welding supply and exchanged tanks. But then watch for things like them giving you an expired tank in exchange for your good one. One local place did that so I looked for another dealer. Local results may vary!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Co2 is just Co2
The beverage one is a higher purity i guess nothing else.
Are you based in the UK by any chance seeing as you mention Chubb.
if you are you can use a plain old Co2 fire extinguisher.
For our purposes, there is no difference except price and service. I find in my area the price is quite high at home brew places and they tend to not get it done right. Sometimes over filling and sometimes under. I like the service I've received as well as the price when I took it to a welding supply and exchanged tanks. But then watch for things like them giving you an expired tank in exchange for your good one. One local place did that so I looked for another dealer. Local results may vary!!
Thanks for the information and advice. I'll go ahead with Chubb. No, Im Australian, i think Chubb is British owned, though its quite big here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts