434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share these honeys:

Cool, huh?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nice. Heres one of mine. She almost has a rili type pattern. Clear and yellow blotches.
Nice clean molt in the background... I have no semi-rili types at all. Seems that I'm "cursed" with bright yellow females. The closest thing to a rili that I have is a champagne colored female with an impressively-bright, silvery stripe down her back.

I only have 2-3 pale males; most of them are yellow fellows, too.

How long do you think till the hatchings start?

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Nice clean molt in the background... I have no semi-rili types at all. Seems that I'm "cursed" with bright yellow females. The closest thing to a rili that I have is a champagne colored female with an impressively-bright, silvery stripe down her back.

I only have 2-3 pale males; most of them are yellow fellows, too.

How long do you think till the hatchings start?
Its about 3-4 weeks from the date you noticed the berries. Its is slightly temperature dependent and there is a formula out there somewhere but for the most part, its the 3-4 week period. Yellows are nice because you can see through and see the eggs. You will start to notice the eyes develop on the eggs near the end, and then the female will grow another saddle and its any day at that point, then if everything is well with the water and shrimp, she will be berried again shortly after that.

I have a variety of colors/patterns too, some solid yellow, some of the stripped ones, etc.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine keep berrying then eating the eggs from their undercarriage. Filthy cannibals. Best of luck.
I've had a couple of moms to lose their eggs, but I haven't seen any eggs getting munched. These moms basically kept beating the eggs like they were possessed and would leave them here and there. I've got one right now that has calmed down, but has only 4-5 eggs left. I also have 4-5 fry in the tank from a hatching a couple of weeks ago.

I really like my Ebi... after I got rid of the weak light and filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.