The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm doing my first planted nano and I'm having a strange issue I've never had. This tank is a stem plant tank. Well I have a plant that is twisting and contorting in strange ways instead of going straight up like everything else. I have co2- 1bps, 4wpg, flourite, and the whole flourish line of ferts.

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
Not enough co2 at all.

Although that might be how the plant grows. What type is it and can you provide pics?

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
I would halve your light and then increase your bps by double.

I suggest using a drop checker...it's at least half accurate in terms of measuring co2. But actual tank specs/lighting type/tank depth would be helpful.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a fluval ebi tank with an aqua clear 20, finnex 26w and a 10wpink light, I believe is 14 inches deep with the light being 3 inches above the tank. I am using a drop checker, it claims I have too much co2, it stays yellow. I got the high light because I am growing an HC carpet along the front. I'm also using a glass nano diffuser.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't get it because all of my other plants are doing well. My ludwigia repens, rotala indica, rotala Vietnam, and all growing like crazy, this one is growing like crazy too, it's just the only one curling up on me.

·
Registered
228 Posts
What's the GH in your tank? I had a similar issue once, and the cause seemed to be a lack of calcium.

David

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got pressurized co2 now, got 3bps, and the light is 26w. I'll try to get everything straightened out, then I'll update

1 - 10 of 10 Posts