The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I really like the light spectrum that is coming from the Twinstar also knowing that it has the power to reach the bottom of a 60CM/25inch deep tank. Is it possible to install this unit under the hood? is it waterproof?

If not, what other LEDs with thesame power to reach the bottom plants and thesame colour would you recommend?

thanks!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Hi all,
I really like the light spectrum that is coming from the Twinstar also knowing that it has the power to reach the bottom of a 60CM/25inch deep tank. Is it possible to install this unit under the hood? is it waterproof?

If not, what other LEDs with thesame power to reach the bottom plants and thesame colour would you recommend?

thanks!
The twinstar IIIS is brand spanking new. There are very few reviews of it around at this point. To my knowledge twinstar doesn't claim their lights are waterproof. I would also be concerned about heat issues shortening the life of the leds if you attached it to a hood. Most of the higher end lights expect an open top not a hood.

As for other light options.. well if there is a hood blocking view of the light anyway you can go old school with a fixture holding a bunch of T5 type bulbs. Could use proper T5 bulbs or similar sized LED alternatives. To get the color you want you would mix different bulbs in various color spectrums.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.